Thriving in a Pandemic
The elders at Sovereign Grace Church have prayerfully considered how we might shepherd the flock that is among us well and minister the Word of God to you in these uncharted waters (1 Peter 5:1-3). We believe that the battle for the minds and hearts of the believers is often increased during a time of trial and change (1 Peter 1:6-9). We all may be tempted to fear and anxiety (Matt. 6:25-34). We, however, believe these events are a part of God's good and sovereign plan and we want to capitalize on the opportunity we have to grow in our love for Christ and others and to advance the spread of the gospel (James 1:2-4).
We strongly urge the body of Christ at SGC to join to together and commit to…
- Read God’s Word everyday (Matt. 4:4).
- Be in the Word individually to guard your hearts and minds in Christ.
- If you don’t know what to read, consider working through books like 1 Peter, James, and/or 1 Samuel. The Psalms are also wonderful and comforting to be reading regularly.
- Be in the Word as a family (resource: Family Worship Bible Guide from SGC).
2. Pray for each other, the lost, and the world every day (1 Thess. 5:16-18).
- Pray that God would be glorified through and in the midst of this trial.
- Pray that God would use this time powerfully for personal spiritual growth.
- Pray for opportunities to minister to or serve others and point them to Christ.
3. Contact one SGC brother or sister in Christ every day to check-in with, encourage, hold accountable, help, and/or pray with (Heb. 3:12-13).
- Contact people you naturally connect with.
- Contact people you don’t know as well, but would like to know better (note Church Directory).
- Contact people you think might need or appreciate encouragement.
- Reach-out to serve your neighbors and unbelieving acquaintances.
4. Listen to messages from SGC pastors every week (Gal. 3:2).
5. Give to the church financially (2 Cor. 8:2).
- How can I give?
- Online at www.sgaberdeen.org/giving
- By mail (pre-addressed envelopes have been provided).
- In person - drop off your offering at the church office.
- Giving continues to be an important aspect of our spiritual lives (Matt. 6:19-21).
- Continuing to give to the church helps the church remain strong and effective in an uncertain time.
We love you, we are praying for you, and we are here for you. We will be reaching out to everyone in the coming days, but please feel free to contact us anytime.
Sovereign Grace Services/Activities Temporarily Paused (until further notice)
Sunday Morning Corporate Worship
Sunday Morning Sunday School
Wednesday Night Studies