Grace Revealed in the Painful Circumstances of Life
Passage: 1 Samuel 6:1–6:21
In the midst of painful circumstances, you must draw near to God in the fear of the Lord.
1. Draw near to the Lord, who is sovereign over all painful circumstances, rather than seeking comfort in merely changing them.
- A. The Philistine’s response to Yahweh in light of their painful circumstances.
- B. Israel’s response to Yahweh in light of their painful circumstances.
- C. The people’s response to Jesus in light of their painful circumstances.
2. See that your painful circumstances ought to lead you to the cross of Christ, where the worst day and the best day collided into a glorious revelation of God.