Passage: 1 Samuel 2:1–2:10
Exult in God’s king who alone can judge and save.
1. Exult in God for he is…
- Savior (2:1).
- Holy (2:2).
- Sovereign (2:6-8).
- Protector (2:9).
2. Exult in the God of reversals! Be humbled or be destroyed!
- The mighty’s bow will be broken (2:4).
- The full hire themselves out for bread (2:5).
- The one with many children is forlorn (pitifully sad and lonely) (2:5).
- The wicked / pragmatist will be cut off (2:9).
- The adversaries broken to pieces (2:10).
- The feeble bind on strength (2:4).
- The hungry hunger no more (2:5).
- The Barren have borne seven (2:5).
- The poor he makes rich (2:7).
- The poor he lifts from the ash heap to make them sit with princes (2:8).
3. Exult in God’s King revealed in his word (2:10).