Craving Temptations: Live by the Word of God
Passage: Luke 4:1–4:4
Be guided by to your Father’s word and not your cravings.
- Who am I?
- Who is God?
- Who’s Timing?
11 Insights Regarding Craving Temptations:
- Are always a temptation to idolatry (away from Christ).
- Are promising something that is presumably possible to attain.
- Are promises of quick pleasure or relief.
- Are the strongest in times of pressure.
- Are an appeal to the flesh so that you take on a new identity (lie of “I am my cravings”).
- Are the strongest when we forget God or think of him as not good.
- Are the strongest when your attitude is one of self-pity.
- Are memory altering (You forget what is bad and think of it as good and vice-versa).
- Are value altering (Exaggerating the value satisfying the flesh and minimizes the consequences).
- Are always minimizing that which truly satisfies the soul.
- Are self-destructive (steps toward suicide).