All are welcome
We welcome anyone who would like to come visit us, including non-Christians. As a community of Christ-followers, we are focused on knowing Jesus Christ together and encouraging one another. We do not value a particular mold of behavior or dress because we believe God is after our hearts. While we view the corporate worship service as primarily for the benefit of believers (professing Christians), we seek to communicate in a way that is intelligible to all. The service contains times of singing, prayer, Scripture readings, and preaching from the Bible. The only part of our service that is only for believers is the Lord’s Supper (Communion) which takes place on the first Sunday of each month, something that should not prevent anyone from visiting. If you are a visitor we would love to get your information so we can better serve you.
- Seeking to place our focus on God on Sunday mornings, the songs we sing tend to focus on his attributes and works, particularly what he has done for us in Christ.
- Placing a high value on songs that have been sung by Christians for hundreds of years, as well as songs written in God’s reviving work of salvation in our own day, we sing a mix of both historic and contemporary music.
- Typically, we have piano-led music, periodically including other instruments like guitar or violin.
- Overall, we value content over style, even as we seek to sing together with thankfulness in our hearts to God in the name of Jesus Christ (Col. 3:16-17).
- When you come, our parking is in the south lot. Feel free to use the south doors.
- If you come during Sunday school or fellowship time, head downstairs. The Episcopal church has a service before us in the main sanctuary.
- We have child care available during the service.